7TH, 9TH AND 15TH MAY 2019
2.00 – 4.00 P.M.
Contact us for inclusion on a visit on one of the above dates at
Tel. 023 8841713 or Email: [email protected]
CO EDUCATIONAL BOARDING AND DAY SCHOOL
Wondering about second level schools for your children?
Thinking of a change for senior cycle?
(Leaving Certificate Course)
At BGS we offer a broad, stimulating programme to help each pupil discover and reach full potential in a caring environment. Excellent academic support and outcomes make for confident, happy young people.
Come and see for yourself – meet some pupils and teachers, tour the facilities, check out our services.
PLAN FOR THE AFTERNOONS:
- Arrive at 2.00p.m.
- Tours commence at 2.15p.m. and conclude at 4.00p.m.
- Guided tour of school facilities in small groups
- See our modern specialist & general classrooms, laboratories, workshops, lecture theatre, all superbly fitted with the latest technology
- Principal, Deputy Principal, Staff and pupils available to chat during afternoon.
- Refreshments at 3.45p.m. with Q. & A.
A strong Pastoral Care Team anchored by the Guidance Counsellor, Chaplain and Year Heads, Tutors with the Student Mentors & Prefects help create a happy & fun filled learning environment.
Matrons and qualified nurse on site daily.
Bandon Grammar School expects the best from and for each of its students. Inspection Reports are consistently excellent and our progression rate to higher education in Ireland and abroad is always close to 100%. Our dedicated teaching staff offer excellent individual support.
- Wide subject choice – 16 exam subjects to J.C – 22 exam subjects to L.C. Including 3 modern European languages
- Introduction of Computer Studies & Physical Education L.C. Courses planned Longer week – 45 lessons over 30 hours
- Smaller class sizes
- Extra time for Mathematics, English & Science
- Award winning bespoke ICT system for teaching & learning Modern, comfortable boarding facilities
- Strong tradition of inclusion of children with special needs
- Exciting, innovative and ever changing Transition Year Programme
- Emphasis on the visual and performing arts, music, choir, debating, poetry & essay competitions.
SCHOOL LIFE AT BGS
The school has one of the most extensive programmes of activities and sports available in Ireland:
- A broad, stimulating programme to help each pupil discover and reach full potential in a caring environment.
- A wide range of sports, clubs and after school activities including rugby, hockey, Gaelic football, basketball, table-tennis, tennis, cricket, track & field athletics, spikeball – debating, public speaking, drama, choirs, music groups, art club, woodwork club, Christian Union and several more.
- Facilities include a modern sports complex, weights room, 2 synthetic floodlit hockey pitches and multisports/tennis area, and athletics area on over 30 hectares of grounds.
- Extensive and inclusive range of school tours, including skiing, music and art tours, language exchanges and sports tournaments
- Outstanding coaching staff.
- Pupils & Past pupils reaching provincial and international level in sport every year.
Boarding for boys and girls provides a strong family atmosphere for the whole school. Boarders and Day pupils join for classes, meals, sports and activities. Our boarders enjoy comfortable conditions in small dormitories of 4 – 6 pupils, modern utilities, excellent cuisine and fulltime care by our dedicated and experienced staff.
Fulltime (7 day) boarding – Irish & International students enjoy a friendly atmosphere and varied weekend programme.
Weekly (5 day) boarding – the opportunity to take a full part in school life, have supervised study and enjoy being home for quality time at weekends. Supervised Study – Senior Cycle and Junior Cert. day students may opt to stay to 6.00 p.m. for supervised study.
New – Friday evening transport home to Co. Kerry.
Late afternoon bus to Kinsale.
Student views on boarding – 2018 ‘Boarders become like brothers & sisters – there is a sense of belonging – you create life-long friendships – it’s like a sleepover every night with your friends – It gives you the discipline to manage your learning. The routine of work and study will travel with you throughout your life – In summer I can’t wait to go back to meet my friends’.
Bandon Grammar School is located 1.5 km west of Bandon town centre on the N71 road.
Contact details:- Tel No: 023 8841713 Eircode: P72 FD36
Email: [email protected]
How to Apply:-
Application must be made on the Application Form available on the school website. Applications for Form I close on September 30th of the year prior to entry.
Consult Policy on Enrolment on our website.
SOURCES OF FUNDING
Bandon Grammar School is recognised by the Department of Education & Skills as a fee charging school within the Protestant Block Grant system.
Children from the Protestant religious denominations may apply for Secondary Education Committee (SEC) Grants towards boarding and day fees. Grant Application Forms are available online at www.secgrant.ie