Points of Contact
What are the different roles of staff in BGS?
Form Tutors (Pastoral)
- Form Tutor’s role is central in both caring for students and monitoring their progress both academically and socially
- Tutors support students to settle in and integrate into all aspects of school life through active involvement
Contact: Tutors subject to change. Students will be assigned a tutor in 1st year who will generally remain their tutor for following years in BGS.
Learning Support Co-ordinator (Academic)
- The Learning Support coordinator identifies students with learning difficulties in the area of Literacy as they enter Form 1. Mrs. Harte also co-ordinates accommodations for school and state exams such as: separate centres, readers, spelling and grammar waivers etc. Extra-time cannot be allocated by the SENCO.
- These students in Form 1, 2 & 3 are provided with two classes of learning support weekly to work on specific literacy skills such as comprehension and spelling & grammar as well as study skills and exam technique.
- Contact: Mrs. Ciara. Harte: email@example.com